Today, companies are constantly urged to drastically reduce their carbon footprint. By trading in a wide variety of renewable energy products, STX enables businesses to achieve this goal. In doing so, we contribute to a more transparent environmental commodities market and, therefore, a greener world. We’re looking for a Biofuel Trading Analyst to join our business and the extremely dynamic market we operate in, and to embark on a journey with us towards a better tomorrow.
ABOUT THE FRONT OFFICE
Turning opportunities into solutions – that’s the specialty of STX’s Front Office. Our team works across various domains, including electricity, renewable gas, carbon offsets, biofuels and energy efficiency. We engage with clients in different markets and countries on a daily basis, and it’s our job to understand their needs and translate them into effective, efficient solutions. To maintain STX’s position as market leader in the fast-changing environmental commodities field, we are continuously capitalizing on new opportunities and optimizing our offering.
ABOUT THE TEAM
“There is a very strong global push to decarbonize all means of transport. Sustainable fuels play a critical role here. STX’s Biofuels Desk sources feedstocks and sustainable fuels globally to support this energy transition. We currently have the strongest team I had the pleasure of working with since I started at STX 10 years ago. All members bring something unique to the table – for instance, where one has extraordinary analytical skills, another is technically strong or excellent at research. By bringing all these skills and various areas of expertise together, our team is able to operate at the highest level.” – Christiaan Domburg, Managing Partner, Fuels
ROLE OF A BIOFUEL TRADING ANALYST
- Collect, clean, and analyze data from various data sources and build a quantitative representation of Biofuel commodities supply and demand.
- Have a clear understanding of various micro/macro-economic factors that affects Biofuel supply and demand balances/prices.
- Have a clear understanding of various drivers in the biofuels markets such as Agriculture yields, Currency movements, geopolitical situations, mother nature and transportation and storage economics.
- Ability to think critically and analytically by being able to question and digest information from various sources and apply this to your analysis.
- Have a clear understanding of Feedstocks, By-products and biofuels used by European obligated parties for the REDII and FQD target.
- Good understanding of Various European Transport Biofuels regulations
- Interest in transportation and logistical side of Biofuel trading such as Biofuel tank storage inventory, vessel tracking and monitoring.
- Basic understanding of European Biofuel production and ability track variables such as Biofuel production capacity, margins, and utilization rates.
- 5-7 years experience
- Relevant Master degree with an ability to think critically
- Market knowledge of physical commodities
- You get excited about new markets and have a quantitative mindset
- You are able to communicate your proposals in a clear way
- Basic level understanding of Futures/Swaps/Derivatives
- Good level of Excel necessary, Python skills beneficial
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Competitive remuneration package
- Pension scheme contributions
- Strong focus on personal and professional development
- Sport and training opportunities
- Assistance with relocation to the respective office location
GET IN TOUCH
Are you ready to embark on a journey with us? Please submit your application for this job by clicking on the “apply” button. For further questions, please contact the Recruitment department at email@example.com.
STX Group offers equal employment opportunity. Acquisition based on this vacancy is not appreciated.