Today, companies are constantly urged to drastically reduce their carbon footprint. By trading in a wide variety of sustainable energy products and certificates, STX enables businesses to achieve this goal. In doing so, we contribute to a more transparent environmental commodities market and, therefore, a greener world. We’re looking for a Senior Biofuels Trader to join our business and the extremely dynamic market we operate in, and to embark on a journey with us towards a better tomorrow.
ABOUT THE FRONT OFFICE
Turning opportunities into solutions – that’s the specialty of STX’s Front Office. Our team works across various domains, including renewable Electricity, renewable gas, carbon offsets, biofuels and energy efficiency. We engage with clients in different markets and countries on a daily basis, and it’s our job to understand their needs and translate them into effective, efficient solutions. To maintain STX’s position as market leader in the fast-changing environmental commodities field, we are continuously capitalizing on new opportunities and optimizing our offering.
ABOUT THE TEAM
“There is a very strong global push to decarbonize all means of transport. Sustainable fuels play a critical role here. STX’s Biofuels Desk sources feedstocks and sustainable fuels globally to support this energy transition. We currently have the strongest team I had the pleasure of working with since I started at STX 10 years ago. All members bring something unique to the table – for instance, where one has extraordinary analytical skills, another is technically strong or excellent at research. By bringing all these skills and various areas of expertise together, our team is able to operate at the highest level.” – Christiaan Domburg, Managing Partner, Fuels
ROLE OF A SALES TRADER
As a Sales Trader, you play an important role in driving the business forward. In this highly competitive market, you’ll constantly engage with prospective clients to fully grasp their needs, and apply strategic thinking to tailor-make solutions that cater to these requirements. This role entails exposure to a broad spectrum of professionals at all levels, as well as to companies from various industries and markets. By working strategically to offer clients sustainable solutions, you genuinely help them move forward towards a greener future.
- Building your own customer portfolio and generate opportunities with biofuel related products
- Becoming the main information source for your customer portfolio
- Matching buyers with sellers and propose (new) deal structures
- Analyzing into product streams and development
- Researching into business opportunities within the industry
- 3 – 5 years of commercial experience (either in a business development, trading or sales role)
- Fluent English speaker, French is mandatory
- Experience in trading combined with knowledge of biofuels, waste, environmental commodities related products
- Strong problem solver with the ability to respond flexibly
- Affinity with finance and deal structuring
- Strong commercial drive and a proactive attitude
- Eager to learn and work hard
- Living in or willing to move to (the area of) Lyon
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Competitive remuneration package
- Pension scheme contributions
- Strong focus on personal and professional development
- Sport and training opportunities
GET IN TOUCH
Are you ready to embark on a journey with us? Please submit your application for this job by clicking on the “apply” button. For further questions, please contact the Recruitment department at email@example.com.
STX Group offers equal employment opportunity. Acquisition based on this vacancy is not appreciated.