Today, companies are constantly urged to drastically reduce their carbon footprint. By trading in a wide variety of renewable energy products, STX enables businesses to achieve this goal. In doing so, we contribute to a more transparent environmental commodities market and, therefore, a greener world. We’re looking for a International VAT and Customs Specialist to join our business and the extremely dynamic market we operate in, and to embark on a journey with us towards a better tomorrow.
The operations function forms the backbone of any company. At STX, the Operations team, which comprises IT, Finance, Human Resources and Middle Office, works closely with all other teams and desks to ensure that STX continues to perform and deliver at an exceptionally high level. As a critical partner in the business, Operations also guarantees compliance with all the relevant rules and regulations. Moreover, the Operations team works collaboratively to make sure that STX has the necessary structures and processes in place to grow and develop further in new products, industries and markets.
ABOUT THE TEAM
“As a member of the finance team, you’re exposed to many different aspects of the company. There is a lot of collaboration between us and other departments within STX, so you have a broad perspective of both the business and finance. The learning curve in our team is very steep.” – Kris Swanepoel, Finance Manager
- Ensuring exactness and agreement in his/her work operations and making sure that the international VAT and Customs reports and statements are correct, duly filled and submitted to the governing agents within the given time
- Giving operational tax advice to internal departments with regards to all legal contracts and agreements and application of VAT and Customs rules for front office, back office and accounting;
- Supervising and overseeing the VAT and Customs audits when done by the relevant authorities
- Upholding and handling the principles and methods, shaping and outlining the dealings and other technical undertakings related to VAT and Customs
- Negotiating with the organization’s international tasks, projects and undertakings on various VAT and Customs issues with respect to their functions and controls.
- Ensuring compliance with rules and regulations in coordination with tax specialist;
- Implementing and maintaining a VAT and Customs policy;
- Ensuring relevant tax best practices are informed to the businesses and kept up to date by giving training
- Participating in VAT and Customs related projects
- Master’s degree in Fiscal Economics;
- 5+ years in VAT reporting, previous experience in commodity trading is a plus;
- Experience with Customs is a plus
- Strong knowledge of the European (focus on Dutch) VAT legislation and regulations;
- Fluent in English and Dutch
- Available for at least 32 hours per week
- Service orientation and ability to keep good relations with all stakeholders
- Strong communication, planning & analytical skills
- Passion for results
- Organizational sensitivity
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Competitive remuneration package
- Pension scheme contributions
- Strong focus on personal and professional development
- Sport and training opportunities
GET IN TOUCH
Are you ready to embark on a journey with us? Please submit your application for this job by clicking on the “apply” button. For further questions, please contact the Recruitment department at email@example.com.
STX Group offers equal employment opportunity. Acquisition based on this vacancy is not appreciated.