Today, companies are constantly urged to drastically reduce their carbon footprint. By trading in a wide variety of renewable energy products, STX enables businesses to achieve this goal. In doing so, we contribute to a more transparent environmental commodities market and, therefore, a greener world. We’re looking for a Renewable Gas Originator to join our business and the extremely dynamic market we operate in, and to embark on a journey with us towards a better tomorrow.
ABOUT THE FRONT OFFICE
Turning opportunities into solutions – that’s the specialty of STX’s Front Office. Our team works across various domains, including electricity, renewable gas, carbon offsets, biofuels and energy efficiency. We engage with clients in different markets and countries on a daily basis, and it’s our job to understand their needs and translate them into effective, efficient solutions. To maintain STX’s position as market leader in the fast-changing environmental commodities field, we are continuously capitalizing on new opportunities and optimizing our offering.
ABOUT THE TEAM
“The Renewable Gas Desk has a clear mission: to help customers that are experiencing difficulties when it comes to achieving their environmental targets. We help them transition from fossil fuels to renewable alternatives. Our team originates new products or solutions on behalf of our clients and that requires an innovative mindset, especially in this new market, which is largely uncharted territory. It also calls for a high level of ambition, a hunger for knowledge and an intrinsic will to help customers reduce their carbon footprint and decrease operational risk.” – Sead Keric, Head of Renewable Gas Desk
ROLE OF A RENEWABLE GAS ORIGINATOR
As a Renewable Gas Originator you will work directly with project developers and producers in France. You will be responsible for helping your clients generate new revenue streams and optimize existing ones; continually explore new opportunities within the renewable gas market; act as the main contact and source of knowledge for new and existing clients.
- Identify and win new business in the French renewable gas market
- Understand all technical aspects of renewable gas projects
- Proactive commercial development of market potential, working with both new and existing customers
- Contribute to developing STX carbon position and visibility
- Map and develop relationships with partners and counterparties
- Optimize market connectivity between the trading and origination team
- Become the main internal knowledge center for the French renewable gas market
- At least 2+ years of relevant biomethane experience
- Relevant experience and understanding of registry requirements, project methodologies, national governance frameworks
- Strong understanding of market fundamentals and developments
- Existing network within the biomethane industry
- Strong commercial and negotiation skills are required
- Collaborative work style
- Living or willing to move to (the area of) Lyon
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Competitive remuneration package
- Pension scheme contributions
- Strong focus on personal and professional development
- Sport and training opportunities
- Professional and international working environment
- Working in a fast-paced company
GET IN TOUCH
Are you ready to embark on a journey with us? Please submit your application for this job by clicking on the “apply” button. For further questions, please contact the Recruitment department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
STX Group offers equal employment opportunity. Acquisition based on this vacancy is not appreciated.