Today, companies are constantly urged to drastically reduce their carbon footprint. By trading in a wide variety of renewable energy products, STX enables businesses to achieve this goal. In doing so, we contribute to a more transparent environmental commodities market and, therefore, a greener world. We’re looking for an Internal Control Specialist to join our business and the extremely dynamic market we operate in, and to embark on a journey with us towards a better tomorrow.
The operations function forms the backbone of any company. At STX, the Operations team, which comprises IT, Finance, Human Resources and Middle Office, works closely with all other teams and desks to ensure that STX continues to perform and deliver at an exceptionally high level. As a critical partner in the business, Operations also guarantees compliance with all the relevant rules and regulations. Moreover, the Operations team works collaboratively to make sure that STX has the necessary structures and processes in place to grow and develop further in new products, industries and markets.
- Own the design, documentation and implementation of a methodology to maintain the STX internal control system ensuring a strong control environment.
- Ensure a recurrent cycle of risk assessments, control assessments and remediation together with business owners.
- Formulate policies and procedures to improve internal controls over financial reporting risk, compliance and efficiency across all business processes, and ensure implementation of best practices.
- To deploy innovative technology, a GRC tool, to enhance and continuously improve the internal controls processes (scoping, risk assessment, control assessment, and remediation monitoring)
- Deliver adequate and timely reporting on the internal control framework risk assessments, tests, and respective action plan, and escalate any immediate findings to Head of Internal Control and Executive team.
- Work collaboratively with business and process owners to implement and monitor remediation efforts that result from internal control assessments, ensuring the effective implementation of corrective action.
- Ad-hoc requests of risk assessment and investigation on emergent concerns.
- At least 5 years of experience in a similar position, preferably in a multinational group, or Big 4 audit firm.
- Relevant professional certification by IIA, COSO or ISACA is a plus.
- Strong experience and interest for how technology and systems can support internal control effectiveness and efficiency
- Solid understanding and experience with internal control frameworks such as ERM from COSO, and COBIT from ISACA.
- Strong analytical skills includes the ability to spot, assess and address risk, materiality and interdependencies and translate it into impact analysis for the financial reporting
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including sound presentational skills
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Adaptable to working in a fast paced, ever-changing environment
- Striving for continuous improvement and optimization
- Flexibility in resolving issues and addressing changing priorities
- Living in or willing to relocate to (the area of) Amsterdam
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Competitive remuneration package
- Pension scheme contributions
- Strong focus on personal and professional development
- Sport and training opportunities
- Assistance with relocation to the Netherlands
GET IN TOUCH
Are you ready to embark on a journey with us? Please submit your application for this job by clicking on the “apply” button. For further questions, please contact the Recruitment department at email@example.com.
STX Group offers equal employment opportunity. Acquisition based on this vacancy is not appreciated.