Today, companies are constantly urged to drastically reduce their carbon footprint. By trading in a wide variety of renewable energy products, STX enables businesses to achieve this goal. In doing so, we contribute to a more transparent environmental commodities market and, therefore, a greener world. We’re looking for a German speaking Quantitative Market Analyst to join our business and the extremely dynamic market we operate in, and to embark on a journey with us towards a better tomorrow.
ABOUT THE FRONT OFFICE
Turning opportunities into solutions – that’s the specialty of STX’s Front Office. Our team works across various domains, including electricity, renewable gas, carbon offsets, biofuels and energy efficiency. We engage with clients in different markets and countries on a daily basis, and it’s our job to understand their needs and translate them into effective, efficient solutions. To maintain STX’s position as market leader in the fast-changing environmental commodities field, we are continuously capitalizing on new opportunities and optimizing our offering.
ABOUT THE TEAM
“Our team is tasked with introducing a flow of completely new, until-now uncovered markets and commodities to the company. These novel products often require new roles to be created and we’re pushed to hire new ‘out of the box’ talent. As a result, STX is becoming even more diverse, both in terms of competencies and cultures. This diversity and influx of new skills and knowledge from other markets intersects with our company culture, way of working and experience in different environmental commodities. The result is new levels of synergy, collaboration and knowledge transfer. Thanks to this, the business experiences fast-paced growth, which enables us to cross-trade different commodities in completely new ways on a global scale.” – Maciej Antczak, Team Lead, Fuel Quality Directive Desk
- Develop new quantitative tools and improve existing models to contribute to the desk’s analytical excellence
- Process the various variables influencing our environmental commodities, translate these analyses into a view and communicate these insights
- Understand the regulatory frameworks and quantify their impact
- Influence risk deployment by working hand in hand with trading stakeholders
- Identify opportunities for automation and process improvement
- Degree in Financial Engineering, Econometrics, Statistics, or other quantitative discipline
- 1-5 years of work experience
- Exposure to the Energy Sector or similar (Biofuels knowledge is advantageous)
- Knowledge of Green House Gas tickets is advantageous
- Analytical and critical thinker with an excellent command of Microsoft Excel (including VBA)
- Experience in programming
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Competitive remuneration package
- Pension scheme contributions
- Strong focus on personal and professional development
- Sport and training opportunities
- Assistance with relocation to Germany
GET IN TOUCH
Are you ready to embark on a journey with us? Please submit your application for this job by clicking on the “apply” button. For further questions, please contact the Recruitment department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
STX Group offers equal employment opportunity. Acquisition based on this vacancy is not appreciated.