Today, companies are constantly urged to drastically reduce their carbon footprint. By trading in a wide variety of renewable energy products, STX enables businesses to achieve this goal. In doing so, we contribute to a more transparent environmental commodities market and, therefore, a greener world. We’re looking for a Mid-Office Operations Manager to join our business and the extremely dynamic market we operate in, and to embark on a journey with us towards a better tomorrow.
The operations function forms the backbone of any company. At STX, the Operations team, which comprises IT, Finance, Human Resources, and Middle Office, works closely with all other teams and desks to ensure that STX continues to perform and deliver at an exceptionally high level. As a critical partner in the business, Operations also guarantees compliance with all the relevant rules and regulations. Moreover, the Operations team works collaboratively to make sure that STX has the necessary structures and processes in place to grow and develop further in new products, industries, and markets.
ABOUT THE TRADE OPERATIONS TEAM
“The trade operations takes care of all the transactions after the agreements are signed. We ensure that the trade flow is correct, accurate and in line with the company’s guidelines, from A to Z. Essentially, we’re STX’s gatekeepers. The fact that new products, issues and transactions arise regularly makes our job both exciting and challenging. We’re tasked with guaranteeing that the transaction process goes as smoothly as possible and that potential risks are mitigated. Speaking of “smooth”, it applies to the way our team operates too. It’s not often I’ve come across a team that works as quickly, efficiently and accurately as trade operations does.” – Melania Bojescu, Head of Trade Operations
- Oversee and improve the Middle Office Business Operations
- Manage projects/initiatives involving the development and implementation of business solutions to improve efficiency, productivity, and overall operational performance
- Drive strategic development projects
- Be up to date on relevant industry news
- Drive the implementation of new initiatives
- Manage and develop the team to meet objectives and to strive for continuous improvement
- At least 5 years of middle office experience
- Experience with settlement and reconciliation processes; corporate actions, claims and payments
- Deep functional knowledge of operational processes, procedures and issue resolution across global equity and fixed-income instruments
- Proven track record or potential of successfully managing operational team(s) or departments
- Basic understanding of commodity trading/financial markets
- Able to initiate process improvements
- Excellent command of the English language
- Open to relocating to/living in the Netherlands
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Competitive remuneration package
- Pension scheme contributions
- Strong focus on personal and professional development
- Sport and training opportunities
- Assistance with relocation to the Netherlands
GET IN TOUCH
Are you ready to embark on a journey with us? Please submit your application for this job by clicking on the “apply” button. For further questions, please contact the Recruitment department at email@example.com.
STX Group offers equal employment opportunity. Acquisition based on this vacancy is not appreciated.