Today, companies are constantly urged to drastically reduce their carbon footprint. By trading in a wide variety of sustainable energy products and certificates, STX enables businesses to achieve this goal. In doing so, we contribute to a more transparent environmental commodities market and, therefore, a greener world. We’re looking for a IREC Originator to join our business and the extremely dynamic market we operate in, and to embark on a journey with us towards a better tomorrow.
ABOUT THE FRONT OFFICE
Turning opportunities into solutions – that’s the specialty of STX’s Front Office. Our team works across various domains, including electricity, renewable gas, carbon offsets, biofuels and energy efficiency. We engage with clients in different markets and countries on a daily basis, and it’s our job to understand their needs and translate them into effective, efficient solutions. To maintain STX’s position as market leader in the fast-changing environmental commodities field, we are continuously capitalizing on new opportunities and optimizing our offering.
ABOUT THE TEAM
“The environmental commodities market is growing rapidly. STX is proud to be one of the leading firms in this incredibly dynamic space. Though that doesn’t mean there’s room for us to be complacent. On the contrary: in this fast-changing, competitive market, you always have to be on top – and ideally ahead – of your game.” – Fabio Moro, Managing Partner, Head of Singapore Desk
ROLE OF A SALES TRADER
As a Certificate Trader, you play an important role in driving the business forward. In this highly competitive market, you’ll constantly engage with prospective clients to fully grasp their needs, and apply strategic thinking to tailor-make solutions that cater to these requirements. This role entails exposure to a broad spectrum of professionals at all levels, as well as to companies from various industries and markets. By working strategically to offer clients sustainable solutions, you genuinely help them move forward towards a greener future.
- Identify, market map, and originate projects in the Asia-Pacific I-RECs market
- Understand all technical aspects of long-term deal/contract structuring, and project development for energy infrastructure projects
- Proactive commercial development of market potential, working with both new and existing customers
- Map and identify new development opportunities and build relationships with partners and counterparties
- Optimize market connectivity between the trading and origination team
- Become the main internal knowledge center for the APAC I-RECs markets
- At least 4+ years of relevant I-RECs or other renewable energy market experience within Asia
- Relevant experience and understanding of registry requirements, project methodologies, and international governance frameworks
- Proven track record within project accreditation process
- Strong understanding of market fundamentals with ability to utilize your existing network within the renewable energy market
- Strong commercial and negotiation skills are required
- Fluency in English is required, another native Asian language preferred
- Working from our Singapore office
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Competitive remuneration package
- Pension scheme contributions
- Strong focus on personal and professional development
- Sport and training opportunities
GET IN TOUCH
Are you ready to embark on a journey with us? Please submit your application for this job by clicking on the “apply” button. For further questions, please contact the Recruitment department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
STX Group offers equal employment opportunity. Acquisition based on this vacancy is not appreciated.