Today, companies are constantly urged to drastically reduce their carbon footprint. By trading in a wide variety of sustainable energy products and certificates, STX enables businesses to achieve this goal; “we make environmental markets work”. In doing so, we contribute to a more transparent environmental commodities market and, therefore, a greener world. We’re looking for an BioLNG Analyst to join our Renewable Gas Team and the extremely dynamic market we operate in, and to embark on a journey with us towards a better tomorrow.
ABOUT THE FRONT OFFICE
Turning opportunities into solutions – that’s the specialty of STX’s Front Office. Our team works across various domains, including electricity, renewable gas, carbon offsets, biofuels, and energy efficiency. We engage with clients in different markets and countries daily, and it’s our job to understand their needs and translate them into effective, efficient solutions. To maintain STX’s position as the market leader in the fast-changing environmental commodities field, we are continuously capitalizing on new opportunities and optimizing our offering.
ABOUT THE TEAM
“The Renewable Gas Desk has a clear mission: to help customers that are experiencing difficulties when it comes to achieving their environmental targets. We help them transition from fossil fuels to renewable alternatives. Our team originates new products or solutions on behalf of our clients and that requires an innovative mindset, especially in this new market, which is largely uncharted territory. It also calls for a high level of ambition, a hunger for knowledge and an intrinsic will to help customers reduce their carbon footprint and decrease operational risk.” – Sead Keric, Head of Renewable Gas Desk
ROLE OF AN BIOLNG ANALYST
At STX it is our ambition to become the leading global environmental commodity trader and we are well on our way. We perceive building out our long-term presence in the Renewable Gas value chains of paramount strategic importance in achieving this ambition. In this role, you will be a core part of the business development team and work directly alongside our business development managers and analyst team to help shape and deliver our strategic agenda as we are currently rapidly scaling up our business. This is a truly unique opportunity to play a pivotal, hands-on, role in shaping our global presence in the Renewable Gas space.
- Collect and analyze data from various data sources and build and maintain a quantitative representation of BioLNG supply and demand.
- Perform analysis of compliance mandates and voluntary demand versus current/prospective supply.
- Take leadership on the strengthening of the BioLNG team’s view of long-term pricing through collaborations with the wider analytics team as well as internal and external stakeholders.
- Conduct industry research, gather market information, mapping the core sectors of the market to identify potential deal opportunities and counterparties.
- Actively contribute and assist throughout the origination, execution, and closing of BioLNG deals.
- Support in reviewing and analyzing financial aspects of the deal portfolio, conducting thorough due diligence on non-financial risks.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- The ideal candidate would have 2-3 years of experience preferably from physical commodities.
- Financial modelling/technical skills
- Exposure to energy (trading) industry and/or sustainability topics.
- Able to manage (various) projects independently and manage multi-stakeholder landscapes.
- Self-propelling and entrepreneurial
- Living or open to relocate to Amsterdam or Gothenburg