Today, companies are constantly urged to drastically reduce their carbon footprint. By trading in a wide variety of renewable energy products, STX enables businesses to achieve this goal. In doing so, we contribute to a more transparent environmental commodities market and, therefore, a greener world. We’re looking for a Head of Climate Action Consulting to join our business and the extremely dynamic market we operate in, and to embark on a journey with us towards a better tomorrow.
ABOUT THE FRONT OFFICE
Turning opportunities into solutions – that’s the specialty of STX’s Front Office. Our team works across various domains, including electricity, renewable gas, carbon offsets, biofuels, and energy efficiency. We engage with clients in different markets and countries on a daily basis, and it’s our job to understand their needs and translate them into effective, efficient solutions. To maintain STX’s position as market leader in the fast-changing environmental commodities field, we are continuously capitalizing on new opportunities and optimizing our offering.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Through Strive, our Climate Action arm, we now work with corporates in every sector. As Head of Climate Action Consulting, it will be your mission to lead and grow our team of consultants to inspire clients to change their thinking, their strategy, and ultimately shape their low carbon, sustainable transformation. You will help clients to understand where they are and where they can dream of getting to in their corporate climate action: from internal climate reduction strategies, to insetting and offsetting, and developing radical new green business models.
- Lead the Climate Action Consulting team and help to grow our high potential business across our global hubs building on a strong base of industrial and retail clients
- Develop and implement sustainability advisory products and services to win business opportunities that lead to high impact projects and revenue growth
- Grow our business by guiding our corporate clients to better understand, develop and implement sustainable practices and to deliver on ambitious climate action goals.
- Use your technical expertise to advise clients and implement viable solutions for their needs
- Build, grow, and manage a high-performance team, serving as a leader, coach and mentor
- 10+ years of quality experience and technical expertise in sustainability consulting, corporate climate action and carbon markets, and/or broader sustainability experience working for a leading international organization, private consultancy or for a leading private sector player
- Senior technical expertise with some -or all- of the following: carbon footprinting; GHG emission baselines and estimation of mitigation potential; internal carbon pricing; in-setting and off-setting methodologies; corporate climate strategy development, disclosure requirements (CDP, SBTi, ESG); certifications, standards & labels (i.e. ISO certification, products & buildings standards, energy efficient labels) and related communication strategies; and with emerging corporate sustainability products or initiatives (triple bottom-line, circular business models, net-zero, etc.), voluntary carbon market standards, and project development
- Demonstrable track record with successful business development and project delivery in previous roles, including provable success winning large, strategic projects and developing long-term partnerships with customers
- Strong business acumen to understand environmental sustainability challenges, assess business risks, and to identify top market opportunities. We need an innovative thinker with a pragmatic and solution-oriented mind-set
- Strong understanding of the dynamics and trends of European sustainability markets, including global compliance & voluntary carbon markets, climate policy, and related corporate sustainability and environmental requirements
- Experience with corporate business strategy, operations and procedures, and demonstrated capacity to improve organizational efficiency
- Demonstrable people management, coaching and leadership skills
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills. Ability to speak and write articulately, and gain credibility with a variety of audiences. Additional fluency with European languages a plus
- Willingness to travel regularly
- Living in or willing to relocate to Amsterdam or Madrid
GET IN TOUCH
Are you ready to embark on a journey with us? Please submit your application for this job by clicking on the “apply” button. For further questions, please contact the Recruitment department at email@example.com.
STX Group offers equal employment opportunity. Acquisition based on this vacancy is not appreciated.
Compensation and benefits
Competitive remuneration package
Pension scheme contributions
Sport and training opportunities
Strong focus on personal and professional development