Today, companies are constantly urged to drastically reduce their carbon footprint. By trading in a wide variety of renewable energy products, STX enables businesses to achieve this goal. In doing so, we contribute to a more transparent environmental commodities market and, therefore, a greener world. We’re looking for an Payroll Specialist to join our business and the extremely dynamic market we operate in, and to embark on a journey with us towards a better tomorrow.
The operations function forms the backbone of any company. At STX, the Operations team, which comprises IT, Finance, Human Resources, and Middle Office, works closely with all other teams and desks to ensure that STX continues to perform and deliver at an exceptionally high level. As a critical partner in the business, Operations also guarantees compliance with all the relevant rules and regulations. Moreover, the Operations team works collaboratively to make sure that STX has the necessary structures and processes in place to grow and develop further in new products, industries, and markets.
ABOUT THE TEAM
“For any company to succeed, it must have the best people on board. As HR professionals, we ensure STX attracts and retains the most competent talent through employee engagement, training, development, and the company culture. The HR team is collaborative, proactive, and action-oriented. We focus on growth and development. I love that reporting lines are short, and as a result, we get work done quickly.” – Maaike Altenburg, HR Lead
ROLE OF AN INTERIM PAYROLL SPECIALIST
As an International Payroll Specialist you are end to end responsible for the payroll process in all countries where our offices are based. Of course, we want to pay our employees all over the world their salaries on time and ensure timely and accurate processing of the payroll. This includes collecting and providing payroll data to the local payroll providers and reviewing the completed payroll reports. Currently, our colleagues are based in Amsterdam (HQ), Gothenburg, Hamburg, Lyon, New York, and Singapore, and we are expanding further on a global level.
On a monthly basis, you are responsible for collecting all payroll data from internal departments, organizing and submitting it to the local payroll provider in a timely and accurate manner, and:
- Review monthly payroll output reports to ensure (variable) data is processed correctly
- Be the first point of contact and sparring partner for our local payroll providers around payroll processes and other payroll-related communications
- Be the go-to person for all payroll-related questions for our employees
- Keep track of and ensure compliance regarding all local legislations
- Prepare 30% ruling applications and carry out regular checks
- Prepare and submit monthly changes to our pension provider and insurances and check payroll invoices
- Participate in the payroll implementation process for new countries, if needed
- Work together with external parties (e.g. local lawyers, tax advisors) in case you need any advice on the practice of local labor law
- Prepare and align with the Finance team on payroll reporting
- Work together with the HR and Finance Team to implement automation, innovation, and any continuous improvements around the payroll processing and reporting
- Optimize employee processes and experience
You have a few years of work experience in an HR department of a commercial and international-oriented organization, and:
- 5 + years of experience in (international) payroll for the Netherlands, experience with further EU countries is advantageous
- Experience with compensation and benefits; setting up new entities, and 30% ruling
- Ability to identify and mitigate (compliance) risks and well versed in local labor law
- Ability to collaborate and work in a team environment, as well as independently while adhering to processes and procedures
- Proactive, flexible, and service orientated
- Excellent listening and communication skills, accuracy and a high level of integrity
- A multitasker who can prioritize to meet deadlines
- Business fluent in Dutch and English, both spoken and written and any further (EU) languages is a big plus
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Competitive remuneration package
- Pension scheme contributions
- Strong focus on personal and professional development
- Sport and training opportunities
- Assistance with relocation to the respective office location
GET IN TOUCH
Are you ready to embark on a journey with us? Please submit your application for this job by clicking on the “apply” button. For further questions, please contact the Recruitment department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
STX Group offers equal employment opportunity. Acquisition based on this vacancy is not appreciated.