Today, companies are constantly urged to drastically reduce their carbon footprint. By trading in a wide variety of renewable energy products, STX enables businesses to achieve this goal. In doing so, we contribute to a more transparent environmental commodities market and, therefore, a greener world. We’re looking for a Junior Trader Analyst to join our business and the extremely dynamic market we operate in, and to embark on a journey with us towards a better tomorrow.
ABOUT THE FRONT OFFICE
Turning opportunities into solutions – that’s the specialty of STX’s Front Office. Our team works across various domains, including electricity, renewable gas, carbon offsets, biofuels, and energy efficiency. We engage with clients in different markets and countries on a daily basis, and it’s our job to understand their needs and translate them into effective, efficient solutions. To maintain STX’s position as market leader in the fast-changing environmental commodities field, we are continuously capitalizing on new opportunities and optimizing our offering.
ABOUT THE TEAM
“For more than ten years, STX Commodities has been active in the secondary market for Energy Savings Certificates in Italy, Poland and France. Our team currently consists of ten people whose responsibilities range from sales to data analysis and trading. Now based in Lyon since April 2022 in order to be as close as possible to our partners and clients, we are actively working on the development of this brand new subsidiary of the group and are therefore looking for experts ready to join this exceptional adventure and make this project a success.
One of the group’s ambitions is to create a brand new business unit dedicated to the origination of Energy Savings Certificates. This complements the services offered by STX Commodities to enable us to control the entire supply chain and offer our partners tailor-made solutions.” – Maxime Hivon, Managing Director STX Commodities SAS
ROLE OF A TRADER
As a Trader at STX, you’ll focus on translating complex data and information into concrete trading opportunities. More specifically, you’ll be tasked with aggregating data and turning it into simple and practical solutions that benefit prospective clients. In the ever-evolving environmental commodities market, trading is a highly challenging job – one that requires outstanding analytical skills and the ability to work well under pressure.
- Assisting the senior trader in optimizing the trade flow and structuring the trading book
- Working as a backup and support to the senior trader
- Pricing of French White Certificates bid and ask
- Optimization of the deliveries
- Doing research and analyzing statistics
- Using your analytical skills to make creative commercial propositions to the traders
- Develop new quantitative tools and improve existing models
- Identify opportunities for automation and process improvement
- Understand the regulatory frameworks and quantify their impact
- Short prior experience on Trading and/or bank desk
- Relevant Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in business (preferably in finance, economics, math)
- Advanced level in Excel, working experience with VBA, Phyton a plus
- Analytical skills with a commercial drive and proactive attitude
- Fluent in English and French. Spanish and/or Italian is a plus
- Living or willing to relocate to Lyon
- CV in English is required
GET IN TOUCH
Are you ready to embark on a journey with us? Please submit your application for this job by clicking on the “apply” button. For further questions, please contact the Recruitment department on email@example.com.