Today, companies are constantly urged to drastically reduce their carbon footprint. By trading in a wide variety of sustainable energy products and certificates, STX enables businesses to achieve this goal; “we make environmental markets work”. In doing so, we contribute to a more transparent environmental commodities market and, therefore, a greener world. We’re looking for an Origination Analyst to join our Renewable Gas Team and the extremely dynamic market we operate in, and to embark on a journey with us towards a better tomorrow.
ABOUT THE FRONT OFFICE
Turning opportunities into solutions – that’s the specialty of STX’s Front Office. Our team works across various domains, including electricity, renewable gas, carbon offsets, biofuels, and energy efficiency. We engage with clients in different markets and countries daily, and it’s our job to understand their needs and translate them into effective, efficient solutions. To maintain STX’s position as the market leader in the fast-changing environmental commodities field, we are continuously capitalizing on new opportunities and optimizing our offering.
ABOUT THE TEAM
“The Renewable Gas Desk has a clear mission: to help customers that are experiencing difficulties when it comes to achieving their environmental targets. We help them transition from fossil fuels to renewable alternatives. Our team originates new products or solutions on behalf of our clients and that requires an innovative mindset, especially in this new market, which is largely uncharted territory. It also calls for a high level of ambition, a hunger for knowledge and an intrinsic will to help customers reduce their carbon footprint and decrease operational risk.” – Sead Keric, Head of Renewable Gas Desk
ROLE OF AN ORIGINATION ANALYST
At STX it is our ambition to become the leading global environmental commodity trader and we are well on our way. We perceive building out our long-term presence in the Renewable Gas value chains of paramount strategic importance in achieving this ambition. In this role, you will be a core part of the origination team and work directly alongside our originators to help shape and deliver our strategic agenda as we are currently rapidly scaling up our business. This is a truly unique opportunity to play a pivotal, hands-on, role in shaping our global presence in the Renewable Gas space.
- Actively contribute and assist Originators throughout the origination, execution, and closing of deals.
- To take lead role in reviewing and analyzing financial aspects of the deal portfolio (including creation and/or manipulation of financial models), conducting thorough due diligence on non-financial risks.
- Create and maintain financial models to evaluate the team’s internal project portfolio as well as potential opportunities.
- To take an active role in the process of reviewing and analyzing the key terms and conditions of deals and the associated credit risks and mitigants.
- Take leadership on the strengthening of the team’s view of long-term pricing through collaborations with the wider analytics team as well as internal and external stakeholders.
- Conduct industry research, gather market information, mapping the core sectors of the market to identify potential deal opportunities and counterparties.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics
- The ideal candidate would have 2-3 years of experience in corporate finance or (investment) banking with a passion for deal execution.
- Strong financial modelling/technical skills with experience utilizing different valuation methodologies.
- Exposure to energy (trading) industry and/or sustainability topics.
- Able to manage (various) projects independently and manage multi-stakeholder landscapes.
- Self-propelling and entrepreneurial
- Living or open to relocate to Amsterdam or Gothenburg
GET IN TOUCH
Are you ready to embark on a journey with us? Please submit your application for this job by clicking on the “apply” button. For further questions, please contact the Recruitment department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
STX Group offers equal employment opportunity. Acquisition based on this vacancy is not appreciated.
Compensation and benefits
Assistance with relocation to the respective office location
Competitive remuneration package
Pension scheme contributions
Sport and training opportunities
Strong focus on personal and professional development