Today, companies are constantly urged to drastically reduce their carbon footprint. By trading in a wide variety of renewable energy products, STX enables businesses to achieve this goal. In doing so, we contribute to a more transparent environmental commodities market and, therefore, a greener world. We’re looking for a Policy Expert for Hydrogen and Emerging Business to join our business and the extremely dynamic market we operate in, and to embark on a journey with us towards a better tomorrow.
ABOUT THE FRONT OFFICE
Turning opportunities into solutions – that’s the specialty of STX’s Front Office. Our team works across various domains, including electricity, renewable gas, carbon offsets, biofuels, and energy efficiency. We engage with clients in different markets and countries on a daily basis, and it’s our job to understand their needs and translate them into effective, efficient solutions. To maintain STX’s position as market leader in the fast-changing environmental commodities field, we are continuously capitalizing on new opportunities and optimizing our offering.
ABOUT THE TEAM
“In the global green energy commodity market all our products are either directly or indirectly influenced by legislation. The STX Policy Team plays a vital role by monitoring, understanding and shaping how our legislative environment is changing and what opportunities and risks these changes mean for the business. We are the enabler of successful trading business.” – Ilmari Lastikka, Head of Policy & Regulatory Affairs
ROLE OF A POLICY MANAGER FOR EMERGING BUSINESS
As a Policy Expert for Hydrogen and Emerging Business you will work closely with business development managers who are chasing new opportunities based on your policy insights and market-specific trading analysts who will incorporate your insights into market forecasts and ensure overlaps are managed.
Externally, you will liaise with policy analysts in the EU legislative branch and relevant policy stakeholders to develop a coherent understanding of how international legislation and national laws are interlinked as well as engage with industry associations, attending working group meetings, and managing outreach efforts.
- Manage the legislative framework on emerging businesses, with a focus on renewable hydrogen and renewable methane
- Conduct in depth research.
- Create a deep understanding of the policy across countries and sectors (transport, heating/cooling, chemical feedstocks, power generation)
You’ll then be asked to translate this understanding into business impact, including:
- Scenario models for upcoming policy changes and their impact
- Consolidated structures business-focused reporting in various formats
- In-depth experience with policies and policy framework surrounding renewable hydrogen, including 5-10 years of experience in the field.
- Existing network of stakeholders in the renewable hydrogen space, including e.g., EU institutions (Brussels parliament counsel) and industry associations and technical understanding of the sector (hydrogen)
- Preferably experience with renewable gas policy and stakeholders
GET IN TOUCH
Are you ready to embark on a journey with us? Please submit your application for this job by clicking on the “apply” button. For further questions, please contact the Recruitment department at email@example.com.
STX Group offers equal employment opportunity. Acquisition based on this vacancy is not appreciated.
Compensation and benefits
Assistance with relocation to the respective office location
Competitive remuneration package
Pension scheme contributions
Sport and training opportunities
Strong focus on personal and professional development