Today, companies are constantly urged to drastically reduce their carbon footprint. By trading in a wide variety of renewable energy products, STX enables businesses to achieve this goal. In doing so, we contribute to a more transparent environmental commodities market and, therefore, a greener world. We’re looking for a RTFC Trader to join our business and the extremely dynamic market we operate in, and to embark on a journey with us towards a better tomorrow.
ABOUT THE FRONT OFFICE
Turning opportunities into solutions – that’s the specialty of STX’s Front Office. Our team works across various domains, including electricity, renewable gas, carbon offsets, biofuels, and energy efficiency. We engage with clients in different markets and countries on a daily basis, and it’s our job to understand their needs and translate them into effective, efficient solutions. To maintain STX’s position as market leader in the fast-changing environmental commodities field, we are continuously capitalizing on new opportunities and optimizing our offering.
ABOUT THE TEAM
“Our team is tasked with introducing a flow of completely new, until-now uncovered markets and commodities to the company. These novel products often require new roles to be created and we’re pushed to hire new ‘out of the box’ talent. As a result, STX is becoming even more diverse, both in terms of competencies and cultures. This diversity and influx of new skills and knowledge from other markets intersect with our company culture, way of working, and experience in different environmental commodities. The result is new levels of synergy, collaboration, and knowledge transfer. Thanks to this, the business experiences fast-paced growth, which enables us to cross-trade different commodities in completely new ways on a global scale.” – Maciej Antczak, Team Lead, Fuel Quality Directive Desk
ROLE OF A RTFC Trader
The RTFC Trader will focus on the growth and management of the European environmental commodities market with particular reference to the oil and gas sector. The priority is to co-develop and manage a European portfolio of renewable commodities that generate successful returns, to act as a key advisor to internal and external stakeholders, take accountability on deliverables, and to manage strategic trading priorities on behalf of STX.
- Focus on cross commodity transactions in the oil and gas industry across different products
- Develop instruments to oversee our product portfolio and manage their risks
- Expanding our existing customer portfolio through an established network
- Conducting due diligence and investment research on relevant trading strategies
- Lead the development and execution of trading strategies
- Work closely with risk management and other teams on an ongoing basis to manage portfolio risk
- Building strategic relationships through business development
- Acting as a key advisor to stakeholders in the deal execution process to ensure compliance with the market requirements
- Fluent in English, additional languages are advantageous
- 4-8 years of work experience
- Experience gained in a sales or trading environment
- Existing network within the oil and gas sector in Europe is advantageous
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in business, preferably in finance or economics
- Essential commercial inclination
- Analytical, critical and strategic thinking
- Advanced excel skills is considered a plus
GET IN TOUCH
Are you ready to embark on a journey with us? Please submit your application for this job by clicking on the “apply” button. For further questions, please contact the Recruitment department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
STX Group offers equal employment opportunity. Acquisition based on this vacancy is not appreciated.
Compensation and benefits
Assistance with relocation to the respective office location
Competitive remuneration package
Pension scheme contributions
Sport and training opportunities
Strong focus on personal and professional development