Today, companies are constantly urged to drastically reduce their carbon footprint. By trading in a wide variety of renewable energy products, STX enables businesses to achieve this goal. In doing so, we contribute to a more transparent environmental commodities market and, therefore, a greener world. We’re looking for a Summer Analyst to join our business and the extremely dynamic market we operate in, and to embark on a journey with us towards a better tomorrow.
ABOUT THE FRONT OFFICE
Turning opportunities into solutions – that’s the specialty of STX’s Front Office. Our team includes 100+ ambitious employees who work across various domains, including electricity, renewable gas, carbon offsets, biofuels and energy efficiency. We engage with clients in different markets and countries on a daily basis, and it’s our job to understand their needs and translate them into effective, efficient solutions. To maintain STX’s position as market leader in the fast-changing environmental commodities field, we are continuously capitalizing on new opportunities and optimizing our offering.
ABOUT THE TEAM
“We launched the US Desk in March 2019. Over the past three years, we have grown to become a key player in the North and Latin American markets. The US is one of the largest environmental markets in the world. Being physically present in New York, and achieving great success here, enables us to become the leading global commodity trading house that STX aspires to be.”- Tim Pabst, Managing Director
ROLE OF A SALES TRADER
As a Sales Trader, you play an important role in driving the business forward. In this highly competitive market, you’ll constantly engage with prospective clients to fully grasp their needs and apply strategic thinking to tailor-make solutions that cater to these requirements. This role entails exposure to a broad spectrum of professionals at all levels, as well as to companies from various industries and markets. By working strategically to offer clients sustainable solutions, you genuinely help them move forward towards a greener future.
- Gain insight into the renewable energy credit market
- Rotate across two teams over the course of eight weeks- our Climate Solutions and Renewable Energy Credit origination teams
- Assist traders in developing a market presence through ad-hoc projects, research, and shadowing
- Undergraduate or Master’s student with a graduation date between December 2023-June 2024
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills with ability to collaborate and work effectively in a team environment, while harnessing the ability to build direct working relationships
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills with a proven ability to multi-task
- Can understand clients’ needs and challenges and apply creative and logical approach to identify solutions
- Strong Interest in the Environmental Commodities Market
- Working rights in the United States
GET IN TOUCH
Are you ready to embark on a journey with us? Please submit your application for this job by clicking on the “apply” button. For further questions, please contact the Recruitment department on email@example.com. STX Group offers equal employment opportunity. Acquisition based on this vacancy is not appreciated.
Compensation and benefits
Competitive remuneration package
Strong focus on personal and professional development