Today, companies are constantly urged to drastically reduce their carbon footprint. By trading in a wide variety of renewable energy products, STX enables businesses to achieve this goal. In doing so, we contribute to a more transparent environmental commodities market and, therefore, a greener world. We’re looking for a Sales Trader – Polish Market to join our business and the extremely dynamic market we operate in, and to embark on a journey with us towards a better tomorrow.
ABOUT THE FRONT OFFICE
Turning opportunities into solutions – that’s the specialty of STX’s Front Office. Our team works across various domains, including renewable electricity & gas, carbon offsets, biofuels, and energy efficiency. We engage with clients in different markets across the globe on a daily basis, and it’s our job to understand their needs and translate them into effective, efficient solutions. To maintain STX’s position as market leader in the fast-changing environmental commodities field, we are continuously capitalizing on new opportunities and optimizing our offering.
ABOUT THE TEAM
“The Guarantee of Origin Desk is one of the larger in the company. As the GoO product is a key tool for both suppliers and corporates to reach their renewable targets – Adding liquidity to this market and thinking in solutions remain our top priority. We need to constantly reinvent ourselves and develop in line with an ever-changing market. This can mean anything from conceptualizing new trading ideas or structures to investing in technology – we constantly innovate to ensure that we grow. I love working for a desk and company that encourages continuous growth and development. It’s a mindset that I resonate with personally.” – David Ceder, Head of Guarantee of Origin (GoO) Desk
ROLE OF A SALES TRADER
As a Senior Sales Trader, you play an important role in driving the business forward. In this highly competitive market, you’ll constantly engage with prospective clients to fully grasp their needs, and apply strategic thinking to tailor-make solutions that cater to these requirements. This role entails exposure to a broad spectrum of professionals at all levels, as well as to companies from various industries and markets. By working strategically to offer clients sustainable solutions, you genuinely help them move forward towards a greener future.
- Manage an existing client portfolio and acquiring new clients
- Make trade proposals to your clients and manage the forward trading book
- Doing the required research and analysis in a new market
- Dive into market developments
- Becoming the main information source for counterparties you trade with
- Originate and manage the market flow
- 2-4 years of commercial experience (hard criteria) – preferably finance related
- Experience in Sales and Business Development, preferably within a commodities, energy, shipping, or banking environment
- Affinity with finance and commodities
- You are able to work independently
- You have gathered international experience during your studies and/or career
- You combine analytical skills with a commercial drive and a proactive attitude
- Fluent in Polish and English at a business level
- Living in or open to relocating to Amsterdam or Warsaw
GET IN TOUCH
Are you ready to embark on a journey with us? Please submit your application for this job by clicking on the “apply” button. For further questions, please contact the Recruitment department at email@example.com.
Compensation and benefits
Assistance with relocation to the respective office location
Competitive remuneration package
Pension scheme contributions
Sport and training opportunities
Strong focus on personal and professional development