Today, companies are constantly urged to drastically reduce their carbon footprint. By trading in a wide variety of renewable energy products, STX enables businesses to achieve this goal. In doing so, we contribute to a more transparent environmental commodities market and, therefore, a greener world. We’re looking for a Senior Business Developer for Energy Efficiency to join our business and the extremely dynamic market we operate in, and to embark on a journey with us towards a better tomorrow.
ABOUT THE FRONT OFFICE
Turning opportunities into solutions – that’s the specialty of STX’s Front Office. Our team includes 100+ ambitious employees who work across various domains, including electricity, renewable gas, carbon offsets, biofuels and energy efficiency. We engage with clients in different markets and countries on a daily basis, and it’s our job to understand their needs and translate them into effective, efficient solutions. To maintain STX’s position as market leader in the fast-changing environmental commodities field, we are continuously capitalizing on new opportunities and optimizing our offering.
ABOUT THE TEAM
“Among the group’s ambitions is the scale up of our Energy Efficiency business unit dedicated to the origination and financing of Energy Efficiency Projects. This enhanced proposition will complete STX Commodities’ carbon reduction service offering enabling us to further create decarbonization solutions at our clients’ operations.” – Carlos Marín, Head of Energy Efficiency
ROLE OF A SENIOR BUSINESS DEVELOPER for ENERGY EFFICIENCY
For more than ten years, STX Commodities has been active in the secondary market for Energy Savings Certificates in Spain, Poland, and France. With origination activities already in place in France and Poland, the team is looking to expand its activities to the Spanish Energy Efficiency Market.
From our office in Madrid, the Senior Business Developer will be responsible for the development and management of our portfolio. In this highly competitive market, you’ll constantly engage with prospective clients to fully grasp their needs and apply strategic thinking to tailor-made solutions that cater to these requirements. This role entails exposure to a broad spectrum of professionals at all levels, as well as to companies from various industries and markets. By working strategically to offer clients sustainable solutions, you genuinely help them move forward towards a greener future.
- Participate in the efficient development and deployment of our commercial strategy
- Identify, establish and maintain effective customer relationships with new clients, heavy energy consumers (industrial plants, tertiary sector, and so on)
- Offering energy and sustainability solutions and services to business customers
- Identify and approach contractors developing energy efficiency projects
- Technical analysis and evaluation of applicability of certficados de ahorro energético (CAES) to projects
- Managing the projects from scratch to the deposit
- Ensuring a positive customer experience throughout and after the sales process
- Regulatory and economic monitoring
- Monitoring of private or public initiatives that can contribute to the generation of White Certificates
- Promote the company offer and services via various communication media.
- At least 5 years of experience in B2B sales or business development, preferably in the energy or industrial sectors with a focus on energy efficiency
- Graduate of a top-level engineering or business school
- Highly comfortable with technical and complex solutions (industrial utilities, specific projects, monitoring, and so on)
- General knowledge about the energy sector in Spain will be an advantage
- Entrepreneurial and synthetic spirit who wishes to make a long-term commitment and actively participate in the growth of the company
- Fluent Spanish and good command of English (at least B2 level)
- Strong presentation, communication, and sales skills
- Self-discipline and high motivation
- Living or willing to relocate to Madrid, Spain
- Travel in Spain is to be expected
GET IN TOUCH
Are you ready to embark on a journey with us? Please submit your application for this job by clicking on the “apply” button. For further questions, please contact the Recruitment department on email@example.com.
Acquisition based on this vacancy is not appreciated.
Compensation and benefits
Assistance with relocation to the respective office location
Company-sponsored private medical health insurance
Competitive remuneration package
Pension scheme contributions
Sport and training opportunities
Strong focus on personal and professional development