Today, companies are constantly urged to drastically reduce their carbon footprint. By trading in a wide variety of renewable energy products, STX enables businesses to achieve this goal. In doing so, we contribute to a more transparent environmental commodities market and, therefore, a greener world. We’re looking for a Senior Engineer in Energy Efficiency project financing to join our business and the extremely dynamic market we operate in, and to embark on a journey with us towards a better tomorrow.
ABOUT THE FRONT OFFICE
Turning opportunities into solutions – that’s the specialty of STX’s Front Office. Our team includes 100+ ambitious employees who work across various domains, including electricity, renewable gas, carbon offsets, biofuels and energy efficiency. We engage with clients in different markets and countries on a daily basis, and it’s our job to understand their needs and translate them into effective, efficient solutions. To maintain STX’s position as market leader in the fast-changing environmental commodities field, we are continuously capitalizing on new opportunities and optimizing our offering.
ABOUT THE TEAM
“Among the group’s ambitions is the scale up of our Energy Efficiency business unit dedicated to the origination and financing of Energy Efficiency Projects. This enhanced proposition will complete STX Commodities’ carbon reduction service offering enabling us to further create decarbonization solutions at our clients’ operations.” – Carlos Marín, Head of Energy Efficiency
ROLE OF THE SENIOR EE ENGINEER
For more than ten years, STX Commodities has been active in trading of energy efficiency certificates in France, Poland and Spain. The team is looking to expand its activities to the Benelux market to enable the origination and access to finance for energy efficiency projects. As the Senior EE Engineer for Benelux, you will play an important role in assessing the projects to be financed from a technical and financial perspective, together with the head of origination for Benelux. The role will be based in Belgium.
- Work together with the Head of Origination in the implementation of the commercial strategy
- Support in prospecting energy intensive customers to propose financing of their energy efficiency projects
- Support in prospection of EPC and ESCO partners.
- Commercial management of key accounts
- Identification as well as technical & financial analysis of EE projects
- Monitor economic, regulatory as well as private and public initiatives of the market
- Develop investment grade energy audits for projects that are selected for investment
- Develop technical project documentation for tendering projects to implementing parties
- Tender documentation for EPC contracts
- Operation & Maintenance specifications
- Establish Performance guarantees in project contracts
- Evaluate & select optimal offers
- 10+ years of work experience
- Good financial understanding for assessment of project financial return
- Experience gained on advising, consulting, and executing projects in energy efficiency (engineering, tendering, financial planning, etc)
- Deep technical knowledge of to generate value added solutions
- Excellent Dutch and English language skills
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Competitive remuneration package and bonus scheme
- Pension scheme contributions
- Strong focus on personal and professional development
- Sport and training opportunities
GET IN TOUCH
Are you ready to embark on a journey with us? Please submit your application for this job by clicking on the “apply” button. For further questions, please contact the Recruitment department on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Acquisition based on this vacancy is not appreciated.
Compensation and benefits
Assistance with relocation to the respective office location
Company-sponsored private medical health insurance
Competitive remuneration package
Pension scheme contributions
Sport and training opportunities
Strong focus on personal and professional development