Today, companies are constantly urged to drastically reduce their carbon footprint. By trading in a wide variety of renewable energy products, STX enables businesses to achieve this goal. In doing so, we contribute to a more transparent environmental commodities market and, therefore, a greener world. We’re looking for a Senior Model Risk professional to join our business and the extremely dynamic market we operate in, and to embark on a journey with us towards a better tomorrow.
The operations function forms the backbone of any company. At STX, the Operations team, which comprises IT, Finance, Human Resources, and Middle Office, works closely with all other teams and desks to ensure that STX continues to perform and deliver at an exceptionally high level. As a critical partner in the business, Operations also guarantees compliance with all the relevant rules and regulations. Moreover, the Operations team works collaboratively to make sure that STX has the necessary structures and processes in place to grow and develop further in new products, industries, and markets.
ABOUT THE TEAM
“STX is active in very dynamic markets, new products and new structures are often presented and investigated. As a Risk Manager in STX you will cooperate with both Front Office and Operations teams to make sure the potential risks of these new products are identified and promptly mitigated. The daily interactions with different teams create a collaborative environment where the teamwork is key to the company’s success.” – Nicola Torrisi, Head of Risk
ABOUT THE ROLE OF A SENIOR MODEL RISK PROFESSIONAL
We are seeking a Senior Model Risk professional with expertise in commodities, power, and or gas to join our team. As a member of the Risk Department, the role-holder will be responsible for the review and analysis of pricing and liquidity models utilized in valuation, risk management, and stress testing of illiquid commodities.
- Create market risk internal models (VaR, Stressed VaR, PFE, Time-series models, etc.) for environmental commodities.
- Review and analyze pricing models used in valuation, risk management, and stress testing.
- Monitor and report on model performance (accuracy back testing).
- Work collaboratively with other teams within the department to ensure effective communication and cooperation.
- Previous quantitative risk management, model validation, or model development experience in illiquid commodities, oil, power, and or gas.
- Strong quantitative skills across programming languages such as R, SQL, C++, SAS, Python, MATLAB. Expertise in at least one of Python is essential.
- Good understanding of valuation methods, capital markets, portfolio theory, and risk management.
- Educated to post-graduate degree level in a quantitative field such as physics, mathematics, statistics, economics, or with relevant industry experience / professional qualification.
- Experience working within the commodities trading sector with sound experience of validating or developing valuation or risk models.
- If you have a passion for risk management in illiquid commodities and meet the above requirements, we encourage you to apply.
GET IN TOUCH
Are you ready to embark on a journey with us? Please submit your application for this job by clicking on the “apply” button. For further questions, please contact the Recruitment department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
STX Group offers equal employment opportunity. Acquisition based on this vacancy is not appreciated.
Compensation and benefits
Competitive remuneration package
Pension scheme contributions
Sport and training opportunities
Strong focus on personal and professional development