Today, companies are constantly urged to drastically reduce their carbon footprint. By trading in a wide variety of renewable energy products, STX enables businesses to achieve this goal. In doing so, we contribute to a more transparent environmental commodities market and, therefore, a greener world. We’re looking for a Trade Assistant Lead for the DACH market to join our business in Amsterdam, the extremely dynamic market we operate in, and to embark on a journey with us towards a better tomorrow.
ABOUT THE FRONT OFFICE
Turning opportunities into solutions – that’s the specialty of STX’s Front Office. Our team works across various domains, including electricity, renewable gas, carbon offsets, biofuels, and energy efficiency. We engage with clients in different markets and countries on a daily basis, and it’s our job to understand their needs and translate them into effective, efficient solutions. To maintain STX’s position as market leader in the fast-changing environmental commodities field, we are continuously capitalizing on new opportunities and optimizing our offering.
ABOUT THE TEAM
“The THG-Quota mechanism is an instrument implemented by the German Government to reduce the CO2 Emissions of the German transportation sector. This mechanism aims to promote the usage of environmentally friendly fuels with the lowest CO2 footprint and to punish fossil fuels with increased taxation. Our goal is to make this sector more sustainable and make the market more transparent in entire EU. We do so by providing liquidity to the market, offering new transaction structures and software solutions. We are working both with vertically integrated major oil companies, independent fuel suppliers, main utilities as well as EV fleet managers. Our team is the only team within STX to operate a cutting edge in-house software platform enabling us to aggregate THG Quota volumes. We act in partnership with well-known German utilities and corporates or other organizations that also want to make an impact in transportation sector decarbonization. We believe that the transition of the transportation segment towards carbon neutrality is a vital element for the future of this sector in Germany and globally. Together we are looking forward to having you support us in shaping this exciting paradigm shift.” – Maciej Antczak, Team Lead, Fuel Quality Directive Desk
ROLE OF A TRADE ASSISTANT LEAD
As a Trade Assistant Lead, you play an important role in driving the business forward. In this highly competitive market, you’ll be responsible for the support of the sales traders and portfolio manager in their constant engagement of prospective clients and transactions. You will need to apply strategic thinking to tailor-make solutions that enable them to act in the most effective way and you will have the possibility to structure on the desk processes. This role entails exposure to a broad spectrum of professionals at all levels, as well as to companies from various industries and markets. You will have the opportunity to participate in the growth of the team and tackle problems in new markets and geographies. By working collectively and strategically to offer clients sustainable solutions, you genuinely help them move forward towards a greener future.
- Taking the lead in management of the deal lifecycle after the transaction being closed – from execution and evidencing in the system through coordination of the contract creation up to the delivery and aftercare process.
- Being responsible for monitoring and improving “on the desk” operations, as well as monitoring the portfolio and PnL development.
- Managing the in-house CRM and trade system, cooperating closely with Risk department and other stakeholders.
- Supporting the expansion of our existing customer portfolio within the DACH market.
- Supporting the structuring of strategic transactions.
- Proposing improvements to existing and creating new deal structures and transactions complying with the market’s requirements.
- Conducting research into the DACH environmental commodities market to keep customers up to date.
- Acting as a trusted advisor to existing clients, taking care of the aftercare and spotting new business opportunities.
- Building strong connections with key counterparties.
- Being an expert in timing the market to get the best results by acting as a single point of contact for your customers.
- Conducting due diligence and investment research on relevant trading strategies.
- 3-8 years of working experience in trade operations, business development, or account management
- Exposure to the environmental commodities market or renewable energy is highly preferred
- At least a Bachelor’s degree
- Business fluent in German
- Commercial and entrepreneurial attitude
- Analytical and strategic thinking
- Attentive and empathetic approach
- Collaborative work style
- Living or willing to relocate to Amsterdam, Netherlands
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Competitive remuneration package
- Pension scheme contributions
- Strong focus on personal and professional development
- Sport and training opportunities
GET IN TOUCH
Are you ready to embark on a journey with us? Please submit your application for this job by clicking on the “apply” button. For further questions, please contact the Recruitment department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
STX Group offers equal employment opportunity. Acquisition based on this vacancy is not appreciated.
Compensation and benefits
Assistance with relocation to the respective office location
Company-sponsored private medical health insurance
Competitive remuneration package
Pension scheme contributions
Sport and training opportunities
Strong focus on personal and professional development