Today, companies are constantly urged to drastically reduce their carbon footprint. By trading in a wide variety of sustainable energy products and certificates, STX enables businesses to achieve this goal. In doing so, we contribute to a more transparent environmental commodities market and, therefore, a greener world. We’re looking for a Trader – Global EAC to join our EAC desk on the extremely dynamic market we operate in, and to embark on a journey with us towards a better tomorrow.
ABOUT THE FRONT OFFICE
Turning opportunities into solutions – that’s the specialty of STX’s Front Office. Our team works across various domains, including electricity, renewable gas, carbon offsets, biofuels, and energy efficiency. We engage with clients in different markets and countries on a daily basis, and it’s our job to understand their needs and translate them into effective, efficient solutions. To maintain STX’s position as market leader in the fast-changing environmental commodities field, we are continuously capitalizing on new opportunities and optimizing our offering.
ABOUT THE TEAM
“The environmental commodities market is growing rapidly. STX is proud to be one of the leading firms in this incredibly dynamic space. Though that doesn’t mean there’s room for us to be complacent. On the contrary: in this fast-changing, competitive market, you always must be on top – and ideally ahead – of your game.” – (Jens Schumacher, Managing Partner)
- Take on responsibility for managing the risk of both local and international EAC while adhering to the given risk mandate
- Develop new quantitative tools and improve existing models to contribute to the desk’s analytical excellence
- Conduct fundamental and technical analysis of the renewable energy market and identify key drivers that impact EAC supply and demand.
- Develop and maintain EAC market models to forecast price trends and trading opportunities.
- Analyze (unstructured) transaction data and understand liquidity drivers.
- Identify opportunities for automation and process improvement
- Support ad-hoc impact assessments and analysis related to the EAC market and trading strategies
- At least 2-5 years of working experience within a quantitative trading or portfolio management role
- Exposure to renewable energy is advantageous
- Proven track record of trading derivatives market including physical and financial products, transactional experience in opaque, OTC markets with challenging price discovery
- Have the capacity to understand and negotiate complex OTC contracts.
- Affinity towards quantitative methods – programming skills advantageous (Python, R, VBA)
- Bachelor’s degree in related field: Mathematics, Science, Engineering
- Excellent command of English, an additional foreign language advantageous
- Commercial and entrepreneurial attitude
- Collaborative work style
- Living or willing to relocate to Mexico City
GET IN TOUCH
Are you ready to embark on a journey with us? Please submit your application for this job by clicking on the “apply” button. For further questions, please contact the Recruitment department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
STX Group offers equal employment opportunity. Acquisition based on this vacancy is not appreciated.
Compensation and benefits
Company-sponsored private medical health insurance
Competitive remuneration package
Strong focus on personal and professional development