Today, companies are constantly urged to drastically reduce their carbon footprint. By trading in a wide variety of renewable energy products, STX enables businesses to achieve this goal. In doing so, we contribute to a more transparent environmental commodities market and, therefore, a greener world. We’re looking for a Trading Analyst Global EAC to join our business and the extremely dynamic market we operate in, and to embark on a journey with us towards a better tomorrow.
ABOUT THE FRONT OFFICE
Turning opportunities into solutions – that’s the specialty of STX’s Front Office. Our team works across various domains, including electricity, renewable gas, carbon offsets, biofuels, and energy efficiency. We engage with clients in different markets and countries on a daily basis, and it’s our job to understand their needs and translate them into effective, efficient solutions. To maintain STX’s position as market leader in the fast-changing environmental commodities field, we are continuously capitalizing on new opportunities and optimizing our offering.
ABOUT THE TEAM
“The environmental commodities market is growing rapidly. STX is proud to be one of the leading firms in this incredibly dynamic space. Though that doesn’t mean there’s room for us to be complacent. On the contrary: in this fast-changing, competitive market, you always must be on top – and ideally ahead – of your game.” – (Jens Schumacher, Managing Partner)
ROLE OF A TRADING ANALYST GLOBAL EAC
As a Trading Analyst on the Global EAC desk, you will play a crucial role in the trading analysis team. Your primary responsibility will be to understand, interpret and forecast regulatory developments, fundamental variables and other market factors which could impact the Global renewable energy certificates markets and EAC (I-REC) prices. Next to this, you will analyze counterparty behaviors and internal transaction data to understand and forecast trading behavior of counterparties. You will work closely with the trading and our regional teams and use a variety of analysis and forecasting techniques to provide insights and recommendations that support trading strategies and decision-making. Your contribution will help the team identify new trading opportunities, spot market inefficiencies, and ultimately increase revenue for the company.
- Conduct regulatory and fundamental analysis of the renewable energy market and identify key drivers that impact Global EAC supply and demand.
- Develop and maintain Global and Regional EAC market models to forecast price trends and trading opportunities.
- Collaborate with the trading and sales team to develop and execute Global EAC trading strategies based on market insights.
- Provide regular market updates with the team to trading and other stakeholders within the company, such as sales and other analysis teams.
- Analyze (unstructured) transaction data and understand liquidity drivers.
- Support ad-hoc impact assessments and analysis related to the Global EAC markets and trading strategies.
- A master’s degree or higher in a related field such as economics, econometrics, or science.
- 2-5 years of relevant experience in the trading or energy sector, preferably with knowledge of commodities, certificates, and renewable power
- Strong analytical skills and experience with data analysis and modeling.
- Proficiency in at least one programming language, such as Python or R, a good VBA command would be advantageous.
- Understanding of financial and commodity markets, including trading strategies and risk management
- A generally strong interest in a broad range of topics such as geopolitics, economics, environmental law and science.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work collaboratively within a team environment.
- Fluent in English, an additional foreign language like Spanish, Arabic or any Asian language would be advantageous
- Living or willing to relocate to Amsterdam.
GET IN TOUCH
Are you ready to embark on a journey with us? Please submit your application for this job by clicking on the “apply” button. For further questions, please contact the Recruitment department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
STX Group offers equal employment opportunity. Acquisition based on this vacancy is not appreciated.
Compensation and benefits
Competitive remuneration package
Pension scheme contributions
Sport and training opportunities
Strong focus on personal and professional development