Today, companies are constantly urged to drastically reduce their carbon footprint. By trading in a wide variety of renewable energy products, STX enables businesses to achieve this goal. In doing so, we contribute to a more transparent environmental commodities market and, therefore, a greener world. We’re looking for a Trading Analyst for our biofuels desk which covers feedstock, biofuel and certificate markets. If this sounds of interest, then please come and join us and the extremely dynamic market we operate in, to embark on a journey with us towards a better tomorrow.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Turning opportunities into solutions – that’s the specialty of STX’s Front Office. Our team works across various domains, including renewable electricity, renewable gas, carbon offsets, biofuels, and energy efficiency. We engage with clients in different markets and countries daily, and it’s our job to understand their needs and translate them into effective, efficient solutions. To maintain STX’s position as market leader in the fast-changing environmental commodities field, we are continuously capitalizing on new opportunities and optimizing our product and service offering.
ROLE OF A TRADING ANALYST
The Trading Analyst will focus on collecting and analyzing data in the global feedstock, biofuel and certificate markets with the aim to visualize the trends in the markets and to process this data into trade signal.
By combining your quantitative and qualitative research skills and commercial business perspective you will help STX to further capitalize on new market opportunities.
In this role you will be closely working together with an international team of traders and analysts that cover all the relevant environmental commodity markets.
- Monitor and analyze the evolution of feedstock and biofuels markets in the short-term, covering supply, demand, trade and pricing information from proprietary in-house models and publicly available sources.
- Write daily reports, summarizing all the newsworthy information of the market.
- Gather market information and analyze trade flow and activity.
- Create a methodology that allows you to develop, validate and feed tools such as blending and Arb models.
- Daily validation activities of relevant price information (spot/forward), making sure all relevant market data information is duly and timely validated according to the company procedures.
- Support the commercial team’s deal structuring efforts by providing market insights and participating in both internal and client meetings.
- Liaise daily between the trading desk, policy and research and analytics teams, collaborate on market stories and provide relevant pricing data and market information.
- 2+ years’ experience as a Trading Analyst or a similar role within the fuels market at large.
- Market knowledge of physical commodities.
- Knowledge of exchanges (i.e. ICE, CME, NYMEX, DME), Argus Open Markets, E-window, and/or any other trading platform
- Basic level understanding of futures/swaps/derivatives.
- An advanced level of Excel is necessary, Python/SQL skills would be beneficial.
- Experience in modeling, forecasting, and quantitative analysis would be advantageous.
- You have a quantitative mindset and great interpersonal skills to communicate across a wide range of groups and personalities internally and externally.
- Relevant master’s degree, e.g., Economics, Business, Supply Chain Management preferred, as well as degrees in Physics, Maths, Chemistry.
- Advanced level of Excel is necessary, Python/SQL skills would be advantageous;
- Relevant Master’s degree, e.g., Economics, Business, Finance
GET IN TOUCH
Are you ready to embark on a journey with us? Please submit your application for this job by clicking on the “apply” button. For further questions, please contact the Recruitment department at email@example.com.
STX Group offers equal employment opportunity. Acquisition based on this vacancy is not appreciated.
Compensation and benefits
Competitive remuneration package
Pension scheme contributions
Sport and training opportunities
Strong focus on personal and professional development