Today, companies are constantly urged to drastically reduce their carbon footprint. By trading in a wide variety of renewable energy products, STX enables businesses to achieve this goal. In doing so, we contribute to a more transparent environmental commodities market and, therefore, a greener world. We’re looking for a US Head of Policy & Regulatory Affairs to join our business and the extremely dynamic market we operate in, and to embark on a journey with us towards a better tomorrow.
ABOUT THE FRONT OFFICE
Turning opportunities into solutions – that’s the specialty of STX’s Front Office. Our team works across various domains, including electricity, renewable gas, carbon offsets, biofuels, and energy efficiency. We engage with clients in different markets and countries on a daily basis, and it’s our job to understand their needs and translate them into effective, efficient solutions. To maintain STX’s position as market leader in the fast-changing environmental commodities field, we are continuously capitalizing on new opportunities and optimizing our offering.
ABOUT THE TEAM
“In the global green energy commodity market all our products are either directly or indirectly influenced by legislation. The STX Policy Team plays a vital role by monitoring, understanding and shaping how our legislative environment is changing and what opportunities and risks these changes mean for the business. “Our keen policy understanding is integral to fostering a successful trading business.” – Ilmari Lastikka, Global Head of Policy & Regulatory Affairs
ROLE OF A POLICY MANAGER
As the US Head of Policy & Regulatory Affairs, you will be responsible for developing and implementing effective policy strategies and initiatives across all of STX’s markets. Your expertise and understanding of the US regulatory landscape, combined with your extensive experience in lobbying, will be crucial in shaping our organization’s policy positions and advocating for our interests. If you are a seasoned professional with extensive experience in energy and commodities policy, a strong lobbying background, and a passion for influencing policy decisions, we encourage you to apply.
Policy Development and Strategy:
• Research, analyze, and monitor legislative and regulatory developments in the renewable electricity, biofuels and emissions sectors.
• Develop and implement policy strategies to promote the organization’s objectives, considering both short- and long-term goals.
• Collaborate with internal stakeholders to identify policy priorities and ensure alignment with business objectives.
• Provide guidance and support to internal teams on policy-related matters.
Lobbying and Advocacy:
• Represent the organization’s interests before government officials, regulatory agencies, and relevant industry associations.
• Build and maintain strong relationships with key decision-makers, legislators, and industry influencers to promote the organization’s policy agenda.
• Monitor and analyze regulatory frameworks, identifying potential impacts on the organization and recommending appropriate actions.
• Provide guidance and support to internal teams on lobbying- and advocacy-related matters.
• Manage a team of policy professionals, providing guidance, mentorship, and support in their day-to-day activities.
• Foster a collaborative and inclusive work environment, encouraging teamwork and knowledge sharing.
• Conduct performance evaluations, set goals, and provide professional development opportunities for team members.
• Manage budget for the US policy team.
• Master’s degree in a relevant field
• A minimum of 15 years of experience in energy and emissions policy sector, with a strong focus on the North American market.
• Extensive knowledge of US legislative and regulatory processes related to energy and commodities, including familiarity with relevant federal agencies.
• Proven experience in lobbying and advocacy, with a track record of successfully influencing policy outcomes.
• Strong network of contacts within the energy sector, including government officials, industry associations, and other stakeholders.
• Excellent analytical and strategic thinking abilities, with the capacity to navigate complex policy challenges and develop innovative solutions.
• Exceptional communication and negotiation skills, with the ability to convey complex ideas effectively to diverse audiences.
• Demonstrated leadership skills, with experience managing and mentoring a team.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, prioritize multiple tasks, and meet deadlines.
GET IN TOUCH
STX intends on offering the selected candidate a competitive base salary within the range of $175,000-$250,000, based on a number of objective factors such as relevant experience, holistic skillset, and applicable licenses and certifications. The candidate may also be eligible for discretionary compensation as determined annually within the company fiscal year.
In addition to a competitive salary, STX is committed to the well-being of our employees and offers extensive benefits including:
- 100% Company Covered Health, Dental, and Vision for employees and their families with minimal co-pays
- Retirement plan options with company match (401k)
- 20 days of annual, flexible paid time off
- Generous parental & caregiver leave
- Reimbursement for office commuting costs
- Monetary stipend for office equipment
STX Commodities is committed to fostering a fair and inclusive work environment by adhering to the principle of equal opportunity for all. As a global organization, we value diverse backgrounds and perspectives and strive to create a workplace free from any form of discrimination or bias based on race, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
Are you ready to embark on a journey with us? Please submit your application for this job by clicking on the “apply” button. For further questions, please contact the Recruitment department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Compensation and benefits
401k plan with company match
Assistance with relocation to the respective office location
Company-sponsored private medical health insurance
Competitive remuneration package
Strong focus on personal and professional development